Wednesday 11 May 2022

Travel plans

Here are your shoes love, tread lightly as you cross this valley
It has been misty, since you announced your departure
Here is a scribble of my shattered heart, let me hold your hand on this narrow trail
Just till the end of the path, there will be a carriage waiting

The road to it is a bit muddy, it rained and turned the mud to clay
In hindsight, it would have been to grab your footprints
Who knows when you shall ever visit me, or if you would at all
The road would hold your footprints as a  parting note for me to remember

Once you hop on the carriage, keep your arms and head inside
I rather not let you be drenched in the rain, should it fall
Your parting be it temporary or permanence will resonate and rumble
The skies are my eyes after all, they have watched you since you came to stay 

Where the road ends, you shall be greeted by a gatekeeper
He seems tall and burly, but possibly looks like my old self you met ages ago
Just let him know you are leaving, and show him this scribble
He will guide you home, seal the draw bridge back and guard my walls

No comments:

Post a Comment