Monday 9 May 2022

Astronomy is the study of one's self

In eternal light, in eternal slumber
In the consequent  of love's infinite misinterpretations
I invoke the right to be isolated, not for failures
Yet for the failure of reason, for it brings me only woe.
Why? You could surely ask
When the winter dawned last, I woke to dreamy spells
I tread in the morning blurring, breathing in its mist
It felt so innocuous, so balmy, yet like always the fragility felt evident
"There has to be that one time my heart, this must be it" I wished
Yet the rising tilting winter sun, faded the hopeful mist
Why must everything fade, why must these  butterflies of my stomach die
Have my nerves steeled so much, that I cannot even dream
In the insipid, now invalidated thought I stood, staring at the orange light
It rose so quick, it faded so too, like it had to dodge my dilemma
As the night dawned, and the moon hung low
I asked aloud with all my heart
"Why me, almighty universe, why me?"
Sirius B and Sirius A stood bright and not so in that order and pondered on my ask
In their silence Canis major hung low and faded I was left awash in mire
The sun rose swiftly right after, the night had sped so fast
In the new dawning of the sun, I knew I had to offer my heart a respite
Maybe a resplendent lie if I must for one must live
I said out aloud 
"There has to be that one time my heart, this must be it" in utter enforced belief
The days have faded to years and eons and nothing has ever changed
And now the stars and sun have lost their relevance
And it is time for my soul and body to drift 
Infinitely apart

No comments:

Post a Comment