Thursday 5 May 2022

The boy who couldn't cry (Chapter 5)

College times will be beautiful, or so I was told
I had learnt by then to not let heresay be a truth 
My heart had flown through a million clouds
And I had flown through the storms all alone

The heart had longed to know what love felt like
Yet I had forgotten sawdust cannot bud, grown into trees
When August arrived, and the hands had ribbons
My heart was set to love from afar, yet I overreached

When the evening sun, shimmered in the pond
I sat there next to her in banter, thinking it was  love
Come the second March, I was drinking beer under stars
With my friends keeping me company, till I was left alone at dawn

I lament not for the love lost then, for I never had it all
I had learnt by then to deflect my yearn, of being someone's heart
Post the next five solar cycles, I walked under the sun
I had not cared for belonging, for belonging just brought loss



No comments:

Post a Comment