Monday 9 May 2022

The Shaman will see you shortly.

The shaman possibly knows more, i gather,
rather fathom
Unlike my usual epiphanies this is hardly my expertise
I am love struck, stilled in this lunacy and dreaded disease he says
Of the mind
You think not?
Hark, like you are some appointed expert, you are in this just like I
Neither has slept a wink more, nor lesser
Amidst our constant prattling of conversations
Distant, often beating around the bush, to even utter that you love me, I haven't either
"Ah courage!" Courage , i kid you not, it is harrowing
I sat there in the morning, amidst these other women's thoughts
It seemed irrelevant, inherent, yet not relevant
Preposterous, how does one's love die
I doubt it ever died, or if it lived, maybe we both had drowned it
Not you, her and those other four women i know
Now I could be termed a Casanova, but then I didn't search for anyone's embrace
Nor wished to be in the arms of love
I had run from it, all along, I said harrowing earlier didn't I?
Not like me to repeat it usually, yet is unusual
What you and I seem to have here going on
Is this like a poisoned chalice, and the universe intends me to drink from it
Then curl on the floor, whimper, writhe, wither, be winter
I now doubt love could be poison, the Shaman clearly is delirious
Or maybe no one loved him, as he was always nursing everyone
Shamans, God my God, what God Complexes they harbour
Maybe like me, the Shaman will be loved too
We do love our Shaman, make no mistake
But this other kind of love, where like you and I ocassionally look into each other
Into our souls, as we stare through the eyes 
Been Shaman, now needing one to ease
This longing to run into your arms
Like hey, I love you , you understand it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment