Monday 2 May 2022

Career Guidance Counselling by an escapist

There is an alternative choice of career, like a poet, a photographer, a painter, et al
I opted for neither, but stuck to it all
The point very much likely is my own undoing
For all three seem to be nothing I like as of now

Humor me, You see, if you are an artist, a painter let's say
You are in India, and let's just say in the sweltering month of May
Your paints dry quicker than my lover's love for me
Your painted canvas cracks like hardened clay

A photographer then, would be good choice
As if those paints weren't expensive, everything camera is worse
You sit idle for a few days, for folks aren't commiting crimes like weddings
Your camera lenses and fungus are probably having an affair

A poet then should be a good choice, marginally maybe I agree
But then again what does a poet need to k really invest
Trust be told, paints, films, Lenses, the whole shebang can be replaced
A poet touts his heart, which is often misplaced and displaced

Me, I have a different problem though, a flight of daft
Those choice professions though options, have been explored by now
As my life just chisels me, slowly and painfully each day 
I sit idle, enslaved by the universe undeniable and always at play


No comments:

Post a Comment