Saturday 28 May 2022

Descending into love

Somewhere between falling from grace
is my wilful dissidence and shadow play
love is amorphous, hygroscopic even
dampens too often, seems to run away

what else but a heart to contain
for it holds pain well, goes ablaze
fitting for me, for I have been a stray
makes me unfit for my lover’s gaze

this is but another Saturday, like last
you and I are like flashes of some past
neither you, nor I can help us to be
so, lets drink Chardonnay and be in dismay

I don’t say it, but you know this heart caves
I often hold back on how this soul craves
Between our short, Oh! So short meetings
I am stilled in your presence, I find solace

At every absence of you I remind myself
That love is amorphous, and absence caustic
And I let it be, for there is no other way
I let it dissolve in my tears, eat me away

No comments:

Post a Comment