Sunday 8 May 2022

Chrome Yellow Petals

Do you know, when I liked sunflowers?
I used to not like them earlier, they were irrelevant
Once i watched them turn in the day, staring at the sun
I realised I was like them, always looking at you

Do you know, why I liked sunflowers?
I used to not like them earlier, they were ordinary
Once i watched them smile, looking at the rising sun
I realised I was like them, smiling at your arrival

Do you know, what I like about sunflowers?
I used to not like them earlier, they felt mediocre
Once i watched them glow, in the sun's beautiful light
I realised I was like them, glowing in your light

Do you know, what happened to a sunflower we knew?
We used to like me, for I was transformed in love
At your touch, I had competed by ceremonius life
And your parting, ended me in perfect bleeding poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment