Tuesday 3 May 2022

I prefer banshees

I wanted to write a poem about sirens, 
since my dear friend wrote one
His was a wonder, and wonderings thereof 
But my poems have only banshees
Sitting atop my crows nest, mocking my journeys
But, i admit sirens are not as audible as banshees
You see, sirens frequent the rocky ledges of the seas
Banshees are quite diverse, 
    they can be in forests, my backyard, the river side
I often have a few encroached and squatting in my head
They wail, you could complain what is a wail before a siren's song
I could defend the banshees, for wails are unmistakable
Unlike the sirens they do not deceive, lure or trap
They wail and torment, frighten and shock
This banshee of love sits ever so gently in my head
Wails and taunts about my impossible desires
The banshee of absence perches adjacent, joins love's wailings
Together they keep me company in my life's failings

No comments:

Post a Comment