Saturday 21 May 2022

come and bring the sunshine to my city

Pass me the light will you
She said, i promptly lit up in my eyes
Flipped open my lighter and stretched out my hand
Darn, I am probably high, the bench is empty
How did I hear you then?

These voices, they play on like a broken record
Broken people beget broken records I guess
But then again, for a moment I actually felt you
How could it have happened
Am I not here, maybe my mind is with you

I forgot to stub my cigarette, again 
Yes, one of these days love, I will not
Obviously there are other dramatic episodes
I go through in your absence
I guess it too is just poetic, sad but

Another hour to go, before you arrive
On Swift steel wings, the view is to kill for, i know
Mumbai looks pretty, through the clouds 
If you ask me, it probably feels prettier too
You are landing here, afterall

No comments:

Post a Comment