Tuesday 24 May 2022

your journeys spin poems

I left my diary of poems beside the candle,
 the power was out
I came back to see the diary was singed partially
The candle had burnt away some of it
i rummaged through the poems, holding my breath
It had burned away most of my pages
Of dark despair poems
Between the half burnt pages, I found a few
They were of my confession of love
I read them again and again to make sense
The portions in them of your absence 
  had been burned away too
As you walked up behind me, and held my hand
I looked at the candle wax, it had done me a favour finally
There is no pain in love it said, 
  the absence is warranted, when brief
So the next time you leave the city my love
Have a drink with me, tell me you love me, 
  hold me and give me half a kiss
At your arrival, give me the other half of it
Even if you smell like a train full of travelers, and your hair smells musty
The poem you complete thus shall be the one I cherish
For my diary has served its purpose, like my pain
You have burned away the darkness
  I have feared and lived in




No comments:

Post a Comment