Friday 20 May 2022

Self Help is the best help

It has been ages since my blaring headphones tuned out my thoughts 
They have forever been a gentle whisper accompanying my mind's conversation
I need not hear mine today or tomorrow, they seem to just hurt
I rather overwhelm my mind in songs that I despise to hide from the self

It is not like I don't have the mental fortitude to stay strong
Yet this void seems to cause me to cave in, make me drown
I haven't ever learnt to swim in these waters, I have always feared
This ocean of my love for you is darker than the ink of despair

I have often restrained, I have often silenced my heart 
The heart is now rebellious and vindictive in love 
I have no strength to hold back my tears of our distance
This day I wanted to live, yet this day is out for my blood

If you should find me cracked wide open, don't look into my light
It is just my soul burning every ounce of me searing my self
It offers neither of us any respite, it serves to only hurt me
I shall blare those despicable songs, to evade my tormenting mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment