Saturday 14 May 2022

Immovable me

The yellow in my window is possibly nicotine stains
From these nights I spend in chasing death, the mythical end
Burning my craving for your gentle touch, a kiss, a whiff of your skin
Reducing my heart to ash, eroding my will to breathe

Lotus petals, yes that is how I remember your feel
Gentle hints of pink, and engulfing all of me
And in between our time dilating kisses and cuddles
Hearing you breathe, holding me close, whispering my name

The days have passed, each like centuries of pain profound
I have stayed alive with each breath to be only a sigh
In gut wrenching thoughts of your dementing absence
I try to reach out , wave at mirages rendered by your thoughts

If you should know by now, know that I stand at where you left
I have not acknowledged a single day, nor the stars that rise
I stand there, not in seeking your return or false pleasantries
I stand there to know of why your love for me was lost

No comments:

Post a Comment