Friday 6 May 2022

Blood and Monolith

Strangers in the night, exchanging glances
Little did I know, I would be so far away now
And when the gentleness of the night arrives
I stay awake wanting to float into the past

The past to me is a flurry of wonderous  whirlpools
The gullies and cracks define what I think now
If I ever let a stranger walk in
I would let her greet the best of my past

Should you ever chance upon me, stilled as we sit 
Staring into the sunset by the shimmering river side
If you were not known to me, sit by me, wait for the night
Let's be strangers in the night, let's exchange glances 

For when morning arrives, we would have moved on
If not caused by choice , death could very well too
Should such happen, look into the night and whisper remembering
We were strangers in the night, exchanging glances


No comments:

Post a Comment