Tuesday 3 May 2022

Don't bleed into ponds

This place I am at, has a lovely pond with stone steps
The edges have weathered over time and a few have cracked
Of a few hundred years, by a million foot steps
Carving it to seem like a mountain valley leading to water
Late evening on my usual visit, as I bathed in it
I was lost in thoughts of our new found love lost 
As I stepped out, in thought of you I slipped
Hit my head on the edges and slid down below
In my state of shock and pain, And the water gently turning red
I paused for a moment to remember your voice
I remembered you telling me to not venture
Into the imminent pains that could arise of our love
I lay there let my hurt soothe, in the gentleness of the cold water
It seemed to help a bit, but the heart seemed to still hurt
I wondered if my blood could have mercy and for a change not clot
Making me faint, drown into the murky depths below
I would have my rescuers to curse, and how
For they yanked me from what could be an easier passing
Then again, if my heart wasn't of much worth to you
Bleeding and tainting the pond, would be just as wrong somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment