Sunday 29 May 2022

Perched on a parched facade

I have been a mountain, and I have been one for long
You were a beautiful eaglet, perched on my cliff
I have watched you grow, I watched you struggle to fly
I have always held you to me, sheltered you
But you have always hated me for my heights

Come summer, come rain, I have watched you with love
You watched the sparrows, the crows, the valley below
When you gained your first flight, you soared the clouds
You perched in your nest, entrenched in my bough
You saw everything, but you never saw me somehow

I have never needed, nor have I asked for your love 
This Mountain doesn't feel, and it is what I shown
It was a lie my eaglet, for you never could have known 
So rest again tonight and fly far away at first light
For I have accepted your obliviousness to my existence now





No comments:

Post a Comment