Monday 28 November 2022

At the mall

Hey, you want to go shopping? I asked as it was her birthday after all
She wasn't in the mood to be out, but she would love new shoes
I mock her about women and shoes, I ask the helper around at the mall
He points us to the shoe section, above the haberdashery
I leave her be at her shoe choices, dash a floor down
I saw a needler embroidering, she could do a request for a fee
I bribe her an extra hundred, get a note on this white kerchief I pick up
I nod to myself on it being dumb but hey
- I exclaim under my muted breath "November, November, you drag on"
Would my lady's love call look good 
Upon this white kerchief, I half mindedly hand it over
The needler smiles, calls me funny, nervous, and other names
The kerchief is ready in under 10, the lady upstairs hasn't narrowed down I gather
Women and shoes, women and shoes
I dash back up; she isn't at the store as I search
I lean over the railing of the upper floor to look
She is downstairs embroidering my camera neck strap
We both wave, and we both say
November, November, you drag on well

No comments:

Post a Comment