Tuesday 8 November 2022

Hourglass Hourglass on my desk, let us watch my downfall

I have misplaced my headphones again; they seem so irrelevant now
I would have them looped around my neck waiting for you to call
Those were times that have long faded, since you have been away
I spend playing treasure hunt with them of-late, re-living your thoughts

Maybe in another time or dimension, there is a you and I as us 
If there is one, why is it not this one, and why is this heart so empty
Between the void of your absence and the vehement rejection of me
I am left lost drowning in my woe, curled, and broken under my desk

My time seems to run out, and for that I seem to be somehow glad
For I often coax and beg for it to run out quicker than it can somehow
For then these sands of time that have separated us, wilting me
Shall enter my lungs and drown my cries for you, is an only hope now

No comments:

Post a Comment