Friday 4 November 2022

My reward is atonement

What did you want to know?
        -about my descent into this relegation of worth
        -In your eyes and in your thoughts, 
this is the only atonement for my sins
        -It is a price I owe to my past 
        -of my so unrelinquishable strength
That chose to love you and 
        -to yet remained tone-deaf to your lament
        -and so, the universe turns a blind eye to my plight 
I fret not myself with the so-called dignity
        -not anymore for that man died when you left
        -this is his shadow, a being of no worth 
I offer it to you as to indemnify for what has passed
        -in my sanest judgment and flawless will
        -for you to break both down at last
In this descent of chaos and to your control
        -let me be a cup filled with your vitriol 
        -let me drown in your rage and curdle
But let me owe what I have brought forth
         -it is mine to offer and I freely do
         -and I offer my mind to be strangled too
For another moment should not be spent
         -in woe that I have brought forth to you
         -curdle my soul and berate me too
I rather see your eyes peel my skin alive
         -salt and burn my wound and sighs
         -feed me the misery I have so wrought 
Bleed me alive and let me painfully die.

No comments:

Post a Comment