Thursday 17 November 2022

A prayer

I think we will be borderline fine love, or acceptably alright
These winds of sadness shall pass, or stop blowing your way
I may sing a love song on stage, or maybe in your arms one day
But I am praying for you to soar, or to at the very least be ok

This is another day in my paradise, or night whenever you read
And this could be my prayer, or even a love letter un-mailed
I may be in thoughts of us together, or hoping you are well
But I am praying for you to shine, or at the very least be fine

It is nearing eight in the morning, or fifty eight past seven now
You have another day of work, or another day to a holiday
I may be making my morning tea, or it could be coffee today
But I am praying for you to be smiling, or at the very least be ok

You see, time passes by as I live, or maybe my time is running out
This and all we have shall be memories, or fleeting thoughts
I may run into you some day, or we may never ever meet
But I am praying for you to be good, or at the very least be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment