Saturday 5 November 2022

Saturdays are to meet friends

I passed by a biker on his evening ride in my tuktuk and waved at him as I stopped
He stopped and looked at me twice and asked if I knew him
I nodded, pointing to a long leash that seemed stuck to his rear fairing 
Promptly proceeded to detach it, and he offered me his thanks

I asked if it was something he was carrying and had fallen off
Being dragged along in ignorance, and the lost baggage was lingering on
He shrugged his shoulders, lit a smoke offered me one and smiled 
He said this reminded him a lot about his entire life

I sent the tuktuk guy on his way, while this biker and I shared a few smokes
He seemed to be headed nowhere, hoping to find company to talk to
He was surprised I was headed out along the same way
And we exclaimed how funny the universe sometimes works too

I rode pillion, and we crossed through the myriad of weekender wanderers
We waved at a few hundred, eight waved back with a smile
When it was time to go home, we stopped just before my home to smoke a while
We left then as strangers, as I reached back to my devices and he to his

We had not asked each other's names, or numbers, or much
We didn't ask the other eight that either who waved back at us either
And when I went to sleep, I prayed another round for him
I am sure he must have done the same for me too, I know 

No comments:

Post a Comment