Tuesday 22 November 2022

This Doesn't feel like home

The key turns left, I remind myself though it is the door to my own house
It is debatable, for the past few weeks have termed it to be else
How could it be mine, for mine is where your arms hold me in comfort
And the only arms I feel surrounding me here now is of your absence

The cups need a rinse, and I need to not waste water doing that
It was not negotiable, and I follow through this accepted ask
How could I not, for my acceptance is where you have withdrawn from
And now the only acceptance is to live through, in woe or worse

The chopping board broke, and it gave me a few splinters while leaving
It was inevitable, and I didn't complain or hurry to stop the pain
How could I, for this pain borne from this gift you gave can't hurt
And now the gift has been embedded itself beneath my skin


No comments:

Post a Comment