Wednesday 16 November 2022

You will always be my beautiful home

The other evening when we met, over a cup of coffee and ended up with three
I remember we spoke all night, blaming caffeine for sleeplessness
Little did I tell you, I was asleep in your arms in my own head
You were wrapped around me like a lotus that closes at night

I was a bee that took shelter within, to be kept warm
I rested inside your gentle petals that soothed my aching wings
At dawn when you bloomed I danced around your magnificence
I had made you my home, to be with for eternity

Our eternities are different though love, mine longer than yours
And I am reborn each day in your glimpse, I see nothing less
While the third day I know you would fade and leave me
I will live five times more but each day in dreams of you

So when you start to wilt and fade, let me sit with you
We will watch the sun as it reminds us, of how much longing I have
And as you finally rest into the lake and merge into the depths
I will keep flying circles around this spot I have called our home



No comments:

Post a Comment