Friday 4 November 2022

My time seems to ebb

You talked about sleeping diagonally in your bed
when you left me behind and walked away 
wanting to not feel left all alone
    that was a while ago
I have picked up your habit since
    like I have picked up your habit since I met you

I live for those random events in the universe  
akin to seeing a star exploding into a supernova 
when you reach out to me
    that was a while ago too
I have picked up my pieces since
    like I am picked on by your absence 

It has been almost a full day since we spoke
and the day passes like a camel through a needle's eye
when these moments are spent in wait
    that was a while ago
I have picked at my existence since
    like I am picked to be broken by time

I hunger to be held in your arms love and seen
and my eyes see the distance and feel blind
when I don't see you holding my hand
    that was a while ago
I have picked at my heart for a reason to smile
    like I am picked to be woefully lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment