Monday 7 November 2022

Diary entry: Not this month Again!

Welcome November, 
 you bring me such eloquent gifts of raspiness 
I feel joyous at your arrival each year,
  you are the reason for my sinful breath

The first breath you gave was disingenuous, wasn't it?
Then why did you not apologize and stop the second one of mine
I hadn't furnished a desire to be here, was this warranted?
It only seems this gloominess scrapes my heart to salt it 

Pray tell, when you first saw me open my eyes
Why did you let me be, why couldn't I be a victim of SIDS 
How did you take it upon yourself to be my torment
Why did you not make me lovable at the least?

I could complain and prattle all I want but dear November
You are an unkind, unruly, un-empathetic month 
You rake us November borns and leave us in torment
And all we have is broken heart pieces with no glue to mend


No comments:

Post a Comment