Sunday 6 November 2022

And another day shall pass

It is another day in this so-called paradise of living
I am in my shell, and all is well with the world in my head
This caricature of the self I have drawn in charcoal and mud
Is illustrated with my hopes and dreams that are long dead

I commend your attempt to tug me to the shores of sane
Yet I know there is no room for me to breathe here
Between the coldness that I have breathed and imbibe
I rather shelter you away from my life of utter despair

Think not that this is an attempt at wanting you any less
It is pertinent there be things that I should never share
For I have nothing left to breathe, let alone add value
I would rather want to fade away sooner without a care

So, when tomorrow arrives for you and the sun shines 
Smile or at the least try to, do what I couldn’t wish to
Find even if the tiniest meaning for living and sail forth
For you may have better things in life than to rue 

Smile, and know 
    This is your world
        not mine, I wouldn’t know either
Go forth, shine brighter

No comments:

Post a Comment