Wednesday 19 October 2022

Falling in love with my sadness

Hey there again darling, I have missed you and your tormenting
Now, before your anger lashes out at me, know I never did forsake you
You my dear are the constant that I have forever known
And you are always here ready to embrace me in your welcoming arms
My dear dear sadness, I have seen you stare at me, bidding your time
I should have accepted you at the first instance, I am but a fool
This time I am back, I shall let you have me all to yourself
This time I have severed the ropes that have kept my sanity afloat
So come, let us sing in the dark, hiding below the table
Crawled, curled into, like a foetus, that should have never been born
Let us paint the regrets into my eyes, this time in purple
I love purple, just saying if we paint it, let's do purple

No comments:

Post a Comment