Thursday 27 October 2022

Uncoated

Do you know it takes a ton of things to shave my head 
A twin blade, 
  I will use it to rummage through first
   Thick as some foliage growing unhinged and dauntlessly
    On the fertile scalp, as if nothing and no one can ever remove it
      And some of it does come right off, especially the sides
A classic razor,
    The one you gifted, knowing my love of being an environment conservationist
      Twin blades are bad, plastic, not recycled, bad, bad, bad, I often have said
        But the classic razor is a double-edged one figuratively and literally
           It may help for the back and center 
            But then I always manage to have my pinky cut on it
A shampoo,
    In between the lush going away and the baldness appearing
        the razor is caught and often chokes like I usually do
         The shampoo helps to make it slide right off
            I always wonder between the washes on if I can shampoo my heart
               Then continue shampooing my hair washing away the cuts
                 It hurts, not just the process, but the scalp, the hand, and the heart
A hurt,
     What a surprise that is not even one, I love my hair
        I love my hair, I love my hair, I love my hair
         I love my hair because you love my hair too
          Then I think, if you are not here, what is it here to
            All it does is taunt me of wanting to entangle in yours
             All I have is that exact thing missing from my life 
               So a hurt is quite the need to eradicate all beauty
A shower,
       So the scalp can hurt when it's shaved, quite often by the self
          I advise no one should undertake this sordid deed
            The water can help you mask the tears of this undoing 
               Yet the mirror will taunt you and reflect the redness of your eyes
                  you can take as long as you want, standing in the water
                    unless someone you know, like I do reprimands you in memories
 A mirror,
         A mirror is vital we all agree, it is self-explanatory 
           You can't always guide you hands on something so sensitive as a scalp blind
             Besides it helps you to remind you of all that your worth is, for you, for them
               And for being rid of something so precious as my own hair, it's a force
A regret,
       That could be subjective, not to me though for I am pragmatic
         Nothing stirs the mind's cauldron like a ladle of regret and loss
            And mine was thankfulness to my genes while I curse my fate 
             For in my life, to love and forever fail is the only permanence.

No comments:

Post a Comment