Sunday 2 October 2022

Waiting on another day

I steady myself as I traverse this icy desolate road ignoring the bouts of depressing loneliness
Albeit temporary, for tomorrow I would meet her again, maybe, in hope
The mind's frostbite comes undone at the mere thought of her embrace
It is her walking away in the other direction every day that freezes my soul

I pause mid-walk, stand at every nook and corner I have held her hands
Some days when I kissed her and bid goodbye and held back my tears
My cuff knows more than my kerchief does, it is quicker, less obvious too
You wouldn't have seen me wipe my eyes, as I always did turn around

By the tea stall where we sometimes would stop for a cup and converse extensively
I would lean and tear a piece of a movie poster, making an actor appear in another movie
You would laugh at some of these random acts of my childish acts
Pull me in for a hug, and lean arching your forehead for a kiss

Tomorrow maybe she will want to bring her suitcases over, take over my wardrobe
Giving me a chance to complain about her excessive clothes and shoes
Then as always I would pause post the exact ten-minute window and smile at her
She knows I cannot stay angry, for my love for her wins me over

No comments:

Post a Comment