Wednesday 19 October 2022

I will take one in a shade of purple, please

I ordered one of those neon signs
Off of some shopping site,
 For you, but for me to hang it up
It reads "Why really then!"
You could, rather anyone could ask
Why would I do such a silly thing
 But then that begs the question
What part of me was really sane
When the moon rang bang dead center
Of a gloomy night sky
You sang of joyful thoughts
I had no reason to know of pain
But then when is my life and pain apart
You haven't even asked me yet
And why would you want to now
For this October of Mumbai is passing
And there is plentiful of rain to show
I would like to interupt at this and point
Like I always do, but to who, but to who
I sounded like a wise owl I know
But my skies are never blue
A shade of orange maybe
Of your setting instantly upon your rise
This heart of mine lies shredded 
  like a cloth by mice
Where could I get some threads I wonder
And would those threads hold these pieces
I am trying to stitch my heart back together
And end up stitching it to my sleeve
I guess I will wear it there for its easier to see
When you go vanishing in the dark
It can yell out your name and plead
Talking about the neon light again
And back to answering why really then
It' like a slap to my face for my audacity
Of expecting love out of time
Both pass me by and audibly too
 So when I shall switch the sign on
I will sit and fill a drink,
   have another few
Then pass out
   under the neon sign

No comments:

Post a Comment