Tuesday 25 October 2022

A wail from my dark confinement

It isn't just you, 
  trust me when I proclaim
You and me both have tried
  To be rid of me, 
    You have been able to
I have failed though
For I have been searching
 For the me I hope to be rid of
  It is no where to be found
I have searched ways
  In my profound pragmatism
  In my insolent breaths
The me is not to be found 
The curse I bear is to be alive
 Devoid of me
Or is the me that I seek already dead
  In the search of your loving words
Maybe it is and I like you will never know
For it feels like a dead existence
 To be in the absence of you
And when I was told of love
 Was I deaf to my soul's fears
 I was and this is me now
In search of a me so long gone
Weeping in silent tears 
 And
Wanting to wail
Wishing to wilt as I sleep tonight
Wishing the universe be kind for once
 To grant me this only wish somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment