Saturday 1 October 2022

Assimilating her essense

She handed me a bunch of roses. They were the most beautiful 
It had to be. They were touched by her, this ethereal being, her
I wanted them to be a part of me. I sliced them julienne first
Diced them again, until the calyx, I paused for a moment at the stems
I sliced them into tiny bits of wonderful greens
As she looked at me, she gasped at my sanity or its fading thereof
She looked at my chopping board as I started heating my pan
I sprinkled some oil, followed it up with these lovely flowers
I asked her if she would mind if I didn't share this dish with her
I stood there eating out of the pan, a morsel at a time 
As I ate the last bit, she stomped her foot, wondering how much of a waste
There wouldn't have been a shred of doubt in her head at such
Her lover had just stir-fried her gift of lovely flowers
I pulled her close, as she was lost in this senseless display
I said, "My love, these flowers would wilt, and be lost one day
I rather have them be a part of me forever, even if a bit
 for now, I could feel my blood running with these flowers' fragrance".

No comments:

Post a Comment