Friday 21 October 2022

Speaking about me, I rather pretend

Between me and you, there is the storm
Of a billion drops of my soul's sad tears
They will drown and drench my garden flowers
And vanish again at dawn like your intermittence 

I have flogged my mind to become tone deaf
For it has often been at war with my heart
Yet this deaf speaks in muted tones too
And this tone deaf mind still calls out to you

What good is a path that leads nowhere
Its just sand, gravel and cobblestones
Pretty to the eye, momentary musing for a heart
We walk on this path, tearing each other apart

I have now come to forage the shards of my heart
I have some glue, made from the lids of my eyes
They don't need to exist anymore and why so
For my eyes have now died as I silently hope to

No comments:

Post a Comment