Friday 28 October 2022

I hope You don't resent me

The updraft from my balcony scatters my exhaled smoke all over my face 
  - and I think you would have laughed
But you aren't here to laugh now, I can always dream wide awake
 Especially considering it is 20 minutes past the witching hour 

Are you thinking of me, in resentment or even in disgust, couldn't be love I guess
 - else you would reach out in some way
But then when did I give you a good enough reason to not feel so
  Especially considering that I have been a  wretched inconsiderate lover

For all the years I have been so broken and lost as I was trying to be good
- you ended up feeling this love I have is collateral 
But then when could I recognise my own worth until now and it's so late
 Especially considering you are walking away eradicating me from your heart

When I look at life now there is nothing left for another breath than pain
- you haven't caused it, this is my own fate
But then when was it that life looked kindly upon me as I did upon all
 Especially when things got better, the universe would conspire my downfall

No comments:

Post a Comment