Friday 21 October 2022

Coffee, not again

It's the coffee, maybe
That un-stills me, 
This weird hurt that renders my innards
Tender
Or is it the nature of my being?
Is it my tender?
Why does this caving feel like a craving?
Why is the sky all hazy purple?
Is it the mind that has stabbed itself?
Or has my soul finally broken down
I won't know, 
Not that it matters. 
But that I yearn for her
In the swirling shadows of this dark, 
Like coffee spilt on the clouds
Gloomy yet stark
I have yet to hark 
I will not harp
These needles of your absence are sharp
Yet your voice echoes
Curls me into a ball
Ravages me in a thousand cuts
And then you gently salt these wounds
I hope that I am never found
For the love I have is profound
I wilt
Like the fallen basil leaf in this October heat
Partially eaten by worms of your hate
I lie to myself as I lie on the ground
This drudgery weighs a million pounds
Coffee then?
Is all of it coffee, 
Does it do this to my steely nerves?
What was in it I sought and it was a hound
The hound of your longing awaiting to bite
Sink its teeth into my soul, 
 pinning me to the ground, 
Beseeched by my own heart
In madness unbound
Tripping, tipping, 
In a wretched living
And this universe was supposedly all giving
And that God, all forgiving
So I heard, so I have
Then why does he not hesitate
Why does his face not smile gently?
Upon this dilapidated soul of mine,
Why is it subject to such painful prongs?
And when it sinks deep,
Does my maker weep
I bet he does; I bet he smiles.
In tears of joy
As I finish my twelfth coffee in four hours,
What have I done to drown so deep
Is it my bearings that I forgot to keep? 
I fall asleep every five minutes
Wake up to a hallucination of your presence
Leave me be, for in your torment of gone
I cannot raise my voice anymore
To call out, it hurts
My innards, it claws like your nails
Fresh out of a session from the salon
And sleep, I can't
For it will let this pass by
Rob me off from the reaches of loneliness now
Don't ask me for what I feel, or have been
Knowing 
Knowing that I am fading, 
 being rendered inert
My being, my existence, as we 
Coffee then?
I ask myself, 
And here we make another cup
I fill one for you too and sit and sip
Adjacent, diagonally, from your cup
You are not here, so I mimic
Spill a spoonful each time I take a sip
And then pretend to talk
Hear your voice, often of hate filled words
Hurled at me like beautiful golden magnolias
Ah, Coffee again
Maybe I will add some magnolia flowers to it
You don't worry about this
It's me and me

No comments:

Post a Comment