Saturday 1 October 2022

Chasing Nightmares

Many stories have been told about dreamcatchers
I have never heard one though, and I decided to make one
Not just a story, but also a dreamcatcher itself
I heard you have nightmares of me being in love with you

As the jute went around the ring, I whispered words of love
At the knots, and over a hundred of them I whispered care
Where the knots coalesced, I painted them with a blob of paint
I painted them red, as a metaphor of my life blood

Between the sudden urge to utter words of my undying love to you
I stopped short, for this love of mine is a shattered dream, so I prayed for you
And when you hang this dreamcatcher at your bedside some night
Rest knowing that you are prayed for, as I have woven my best into these

This is my story, and this shall be forgotten by all but me
I do not wish for you to remember it, maybe this could help
When a nightmare raises its cold claws at you in your gentle sleep
This dream catcher shall be the conduit to send it to me

No comments:

Post a Comment