Thursday 9 June 2022

Where even angels fear to go trekking

We were watching birds when Sunny fell
It was quite a shock, for he was steadfast
I felt powerless to pull him towards me
He had fallen from the slippery side

The first rock he hit, dulled his sight I assume
For he couldn't reach the branch that buzzed by
He was bleeding, I could hear him call out
But I was just too powerless to stop

The second rock he hit, broke his shoulders
For he seemed unable to wave his hands
He must have been in pain and shock
As he saw me fade, falling on his back to the descent

The third Rock must have broken his spine am sure
For he curled into a ball as he was falling
He had stopped his screaming, his voice faded
As the reality of his end seemed to dawn on him

He had fallen, straight, shattered and broken
We could only stare at this in utter horror
Sunny had fallen, deep into this weird darkness
He had lost his mind, he had fallen in love

No comments:

Post a Comment