Monday 13 June 2022

Only Clean Currency notes accepted

At some stage my heart was like a vending machine
Delivering emotions like requests, like a bag of wafers or drinks
Instant at most, sometimes staggered, awaiting a nudge
Collecting my own unhappiness fed unto me

To the top shelf was love, the most sought after
Constantly restocked for the ones that bought
For tender that was coins of lies, pretense, and fallacy
Yet it vended in disciplined fortitude and with  accuracy

To the second was care, most desired yet less recognised
Set in a channel of unending for those that need
For tender that was blatant inconsideration and apathy
Yet it vended calm and composed in all it's empathy

To the lower shelves was friendship, often ignored
Not restocked often and set in limited quantities
For tender that was just of tender words and validation
Yet it remained unsold, expiring in days of stagnation 

Then one fateful day, I was unplugged, set free
I was awakened by a tender heart and made to see
For tender that was surrender and just to be
I woke to be human, as she held on to sing to me

No comments:

Post a Comment