Wednesday 8 June 2022

Like Sandpaper on my soul

You make these colours come alive my love
But then remind me how they are just colours
After I have breathed them into my lungs
Feeling it was wisps of your fragrance

Quite the cough, I have at times you know
Doesn't help with my bronchi struggling for breath
These colours now run everywhere, unruly
Blackening my red with my heart's green

I wished for a shade of orange hint of avarice
Maybe a hint of pink for lust, purple vanity
Yet the prominence of my green, tears asunder
The wish to hold you amongst life's cacophony

Then again, black exists in shades of everything I see
Beautiful too maybe, when in shades of Mahogany
The heart like a table holds effervescent memories
Of time stopped briefly between you and me

Now that the colours have tainted my soul
I have nothing but an ebb of slow draining sea
The sands once we're on my hands and knees
This time, my eyelids, scraping my eyes underneath

No comments:

Post a Comment