Wednesday 8 June 2022

One last wave to me

It is beautifully poetic 
knowing how it ends
For every ray that bursts, 
 to every petal that lands
Let go from hands that cannot hold
Profoundly in fears of change

I had set sail, knowing the reefs
Knowing the dark and the deeps
I had befriended all the sirens 
I had the kraken by my seat
I had conquerored all my fears
I had nothing left to see

My sails have been Theseus'd
Weaved with the patches of my skin
Dried in scorch of the summer sun
Salted by the briny unforgiving seas
I have been through enough love and loss
I have burnt enough bodies at eve

When I took to the sea this last time
wishing this be my final journey
I stood long and bid farewell
To the port and those who have sailed
I have no reason to be back 
I have no reason to fold my sails

No comments:

Post a Comment