Friday 17 June 2022

A random event

She looked at me, opening her mouth
Sucked in a slice of peach from my hand
A thin slice, I made those thin slices
Wanting to make them a bite sized meal
Between office phone calls, she has been sending me 'I love yous'

She exclaimed," I've had peaches after ages" 
 half aware earlier it was a peach
At this stage she could be given a jalapeƱo, a sour pickled one
She would munch on it, half caught up in work, all caught up in love
She is about one and a half person today
She was half earlier

She bumped into me, like a few years ago
Obviously broken, almost to a point where neither of us were thinking of a mend
Wasn't a possibility, love torments us all
Not by its feeling, but by those who feel
People are terrible, they just extort utility from  souls 

I slice peaches, bake, cook, and make tea
A splash of cinnamon, a dash of lime, some clarified butter
She has shown her love for these, like she has for my embrace
Together at this, she and I walk into the breach 
Ready to brace what comes
"I am in love this time" we both exclaim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment