Sunday 12 June 2022

flower beds

Fairies with glitter visit my beautiful rose beds
The pick on the blooms, crush  new petals
Each time I run to the garden, they scamper and hide
I better get me a scarecrow, I am too old for  fright

Stupid fairies, miscreants yet lovely little ones
They have always been good friends, until upto this point
Ever since my garden bore flowers as pretty as them
They have grown jealous, thinking I ignore them

I had picked those roses, heaven knows this truth
I have made sweet preserves, for fairies need a few
I always leave a few drops on a bowl by the window sill they frequent
For them to drink, mixed into the winter  morning dew

Today at first light when they as usual arrived
They stayed hidden as I sat singing for them amongs the roses 
As they emerged cautiously, they joined their voices
To trust me again, this time amongst newly bloomed roses

No comments:

Post a Comment