Wednesday 8 June 2022

a streak of orange in the desert

A marigold in the desert dune, is a sight
For a parched traveller, who has travelled far and wide
Casting hope, calming the looming of imminent death
It is what would bring a dying soul to life

Would you be my bloom, amongst this grim and gloom
Would you remind there is so much to see for my eyes
Would you be the rushing cold spring spray
Greening this desert of of my ebbing life

If you could call my name, every morning at rise
Would you also call my heart to your voice
For if there is just one thing I would dream of
Is to hear your name in songs of my life

I have lived like this desert, become barren sand
Overcast me, rid me of this ungodly scorching sun light
Drench me in you, ingite the fire of undying passion 
Breathe into me, make me you, become my life

No comments:

Post a Comment