Tuesday 7 June 2022

You can try, but

A sea horse asked me once 
"Do seahorses dare dream, 
Of one day to become a steed?
Maybe to find a jockey, win one race
Pose for pictures, be named a prize?

I looked inside my dying sea said
" It would be such a stupid dream"
"My dear darling sea horse you" 
"Steeds stride on land and sand
While you bob in the ocean green" 

At such the sea horse replied
"What if I give all my soul for such? 
Bleed forever, and even pray for it
Surely the universe would see my love
Have me shoed, I ain't asking for much

I looked at it gently, and with all my pity said
"Why try to be what what you cannot match
Your blood nor words can never be of worth
You have known them to never see
A seahorse being alive out of the sea
Give up dreaming now of becoming a steed"


No comments:

Post a Comment