Friday 1 July 2022

Jalapeños

I love it when I find your phone connect to my WiFi hotspot
When you switch and try to connect to the office network
But it connects to my hotspot, as I sit at the reception working
It feels like you are coming home to me, and I smile
These are simple pleasures, that most won’t understand
I haven’t ever sought approvals, not even yours at my love confession
It felt owed, my heart was owned by you, before I confessed
I have let it be consumed in your love, and it is worth it too
And as you sit here, twiddling your thumbs as you type messages
Know I am typing these verses, falling in love, over and again with you
While there is a million words playing in my ears, trying to interrupt
I feel home, as you sit and steal glances, between work , blowing kisses at me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment