Monday 11 July 2022

Would you like some coffee?

I hate the rains, but only if I stand in it
The crosswinds make it beautiful
Coffee, the steam, rising off it, 
  in my dimly lit room
Like a barely bright dawn
And your hands wrapped in mine
That is a rain I rather love
For these droplets are a stark reminder
Of the coldness
Just like your absence here
From me
Not of separation, 
we couldn't be separate ever
Not even a heartbreak could let me feel so
For you could leave
I would leave with you
But this coffee, the smell of it
Warms my heart
I hate coffee, I drink tea usually
But the tea doesn't smell as good
I love watching the rains
Like I love watching you
As you are distant, 
by all measures of physical constraints
Yet I can feel you,
Jogging along, approaching my window
Drenched partially, smiling back at me
And I would yell out of the window like now
Holding my coffee cup
Ask you if you would love me
Melting in the coldness
Hoping to be warmed in your embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment