Sunday 31 July 2022

Have you sharpened that knife yet love?

Push it in gently my love, before you can twist let the blade be felt in its entirety
Why waste such a beautiful blade of your pretentious posturing, I have loved it too
You know it is beautiful to watch your eyes feel content with each inch the blade slides in
Let me help you turn it to catch the flesh on its serrated sides before you pull it out

I would help you do it, you know I am quite helpful when it comes to hurting me
So fret not, I feel the rush of oceans in absolute madness behind your gentle eyes
They speak to me of wonderous joys you feel stabbing my heart, time and again
Come closer, for the distance between us is longer and the knife is short 

Remember to close your eyes as it reaches deep, for my blood may hurt your eyes
I love them in black and white, they are like the gentle mornings of a scorching summer
And I have to admit, your hands feel as soft as the day I held them when I broke your fall
Could you caress my cheek with one, I can lend my hand on the knife to help stab

Once the knife is embedded and twisted pull it out gently, help me feel your love
Let my heart bleed as I wipe your hands and your finger prints with my kerchief 
It would be so unromantic to waste another moment, let me help you smile longer
Then we can sit distant, while you watch my pain as it makes us laugh


No comments:

Post a Comment