Monday 25 July 2022

Dinner time

The noodles are soggy, mostly due to someone not having cooled it
Cooks know these basics. Noodles need to be cooled after boiling
Al dente, ya some fancy italian term for Japanese noodles? Really I ask
Oh you have a lot to say, but I haven't had you ever cook for me, she says
I wink at her, and proceed to dump the noodles onto a plate and proceed to mash them
How aghast can a lover be, when someone does that to her food
I know how aghast, I saw it personally
When I mash the noodles and make them into dough I can hear her sarcasm
Through her breath, sounds like ' as if that will even work'
The dough now is rolled into thin sheets and I proceed to stuff it with the chicken she had cooked
Shreds and herbs, a touch of water chestnut slices get tossed in too
She now looks at me again, suddenly her sarcasm has turned into love
The way to a woman's heart is through food too, saving a bad meal works wonders no? i retort
We steam the dumplings from her noodles that were overdone
She leans on me, holds my waist and I ask her to step aside from the steam
I present to her stating "dumplings, love style"
We eat them as she keeps looking at me in love as I ask, what next? 
Italian? Pizza? Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment