Saturday 26 February 2022

The song of you

It is an eclipse
 Where you are the sun
  Your love the moon
    My soul the earth
      My colours are what you let shine
        Even when you are not here
 But then, when are you not
   I have forgotten what I am 
      I have forgotten that you are you
        I have become 
          You, in love that has riddled me
            Formed me into living
I cannot now distinguish
    For in wanting your love
      I have melted myself into longings
         Forged my heart in cravings
           Teethed my will in breathless moments
              I don't remember my face now
I made you my mirror
    It showed me my rigid fear safeguards
      It rid me of my self absorbing platitude
        It rekindled my heart so fiercely
          It burns in a wanting to see you
           It hurts often, but It reminds me to love
You
    All of you
      All about you
        All that you do
         All that you have said
           All that I wish to hear again

No comments:

Post a Comment