Thursday 24 February 2022

Great Egrets look bad in Digital Zooms

At about a hundred yards, from my overlook
There were  seventeen I guess! Great Egrets
Between scatter flying, and formations
I counted, I was idle due distress

I wondered which of them would be me
That is what we do, right? In passing regrets
Between scattered existence, and belonging
I recollected, I was in introspect due lone

They suddenly perched, on a lush mango tree
Mid February, is that when mango florets emerge?
Between a so so Thane winter, and warming up
I undid two buttons of my short kurta, it was hot

Then some flew across the narrow, not very narrow gutter
I am supposed to call it a drain! Really why
The only time it flows clean, is in July Rains
I digress, environmentalists have complaints

Like I was saying in the previous verse, a few
I counted! eight, skimmed over refuse water
The other nine, flew away into the distance
I remember, in a typical V shape

The eight had the gutter, to hunt and fly upon
It was now for themselves, What providence!
The nine, they flew to the western creek sands
I like it there, I pulled up pictures of my shoots

This time I did regret, missing my Nikon zoom
For it is, but not terrible! The battery's dead
I clicked in my Realme's zoom, what a folly
I hate digital zooms, They distort images

So at the end, I stood there from Parkwoods-A
At the eighteenth floor refuge flat, my Overlook!
I texted how these Great Egrets look, the eight
I was caved, but these verses took me astray

No comments:

Post a Comment