Tuesday 1 February 2022

Dear Dear, 'soon should be away'

Hey Darling, I have often asked myself this question.
I know you may have too, it seems human to as well
In this forced binding of us, we see no reason to be
All I see if either of us struggling to be cordial, such pretence
I often think of us as two rivers flowing, surrounding a mountain
Only to meet into an ocean, where neither of us are you and I
While we have mixed and raged, forged banks and valleys
Yet in the end we are just failing, we fail into the lackluster sea
The sea is inconsiderate, like I and you are often, frequently too
It only swells and recedes, rejecting all the dead we bring into
Expelling to deposit it on the beaches, to rot and odourise
Nothing but foulness, reeking of the apathy that we seem to be in
Sometime soon we must dredge these sands, of our bringing
Bury the smelling of death and decay, put in the work
Then watch each other flow again, into the same sea
This time as distinct rivers, separate but as acquaintances 

No comments:

Post a Comment